Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back to work... and hopefully the podium!

After Toronto, IndyCar had an off-weekend so I've been spending the time training with PitFit, cleaning (and enjoying) my Axis boat, and relaxing with friends. I've been training with fellow Team USA Scholarship winners at PitFit, and man, they've been wearing me out! We did take a break from the gym recently to spend an afternoon on the paddle boards at Morse Lake--lots of fun.

Paddle boards at Morse!
Now, it's back to work! I'm headed to the Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing shop later today to meet with my engineers to prep for Edmonton. On Wednesday, I'm headed to Washington state for an appearance with Novo Nordisk at a summer camp for kids who have diabetes. Wish I could hang out with the kids at the camp longer (they're always having a blast!) but I'll leave for Edmonton on Wednesday evening to get to the track for the race weekend.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track with the No. 83 NovoRapid FlexTouch car at Edmonton. I had a ton of fun driving in Toronto a couple of weekends ago and I think the whole Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing team is going to use the podium finish as momentum heading into Edmonton. We didn't have a lot of luck here last year but with some hard work and smart strategy, we could have another good result this weekend!

P.S. Tune into Trackside tonight at 7-9 p.m. ET on 1070 The Fan... I'm guest co-hosting with Curt Cavin. Not in Indy? Listen online here. I'll be on at 8!

No comments :

Post a Comment