Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm on a boat!

As some of you may know, I love being out on the water almost as much as I like being in a race car. On Friday, I got to see my new Axis Wake A22 boat for the first time! It was love at first sight. I was able to take it out for a bit, and the great guys at Axis and Mid-Indiana Marine showed me everything it can do. Growing up, I always enjoyed surfing in California as a way to relax and still be active. Hard to find good waves in the Midwest, but now at least I can wake surf behind the boat. I’m super pumped for the summer here in Indy… relaxing on the boat after a good race weekend sounds like the perfect plan to me!

Isn't she pretty?!
On Thursday evening, I head down to Sao Paolo for IndyCar’s third annual event in Brazil. I felt really good after Long Beach, despite our bad luck late in the race. I'm excited to head to Brazil and see what I do there with all of the experience I gained running in the top six in Long Beach. Last year Sao Paulo definitely gave us a wild race and honestly some of the most difficult driving conditions I've ever experienced. That said, the NovoNordisk Chip Ganassi Racing team did a great job keeping me in the race and we had a decent finish under the circumstances. This year I'm going to Brazil with more experience, more confidence and even more drive to get a top-10 finish.

Keep your eye on this blog for updates during the race weekend! I might be a bit delayed with not knowing my connectivity abilities down there, but I’ll do my best! My PLR (Pit Lane Reporter from @racewithinsulin) won't be making the trip so there won't be as many live, 'behind the scenes' tweets, but you can always stay clued in here on my blog!

P.S. Check out this blog post by Brett, a race fan living with diabetes since age 9. I’m honored to be included in your blog, Brett!

No comments :

Post a Comment