Monday, May 4, 2009

A Quick Hello

The last week or so, I have been very busy traveling from Kansas to Palm Beach, Florida and then on to Indianapolis where I am now. In that time, I spoke at American Diabetes Wholesale's Diabetes Educator of the Year award brunch at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, made a new seat in the race car, got excited about testing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway tomorrow, read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and had dinner with an old engineer friend of my dad's here in Indy. And while that may not seem like a lot, it has kept me super busy! Plus all the flying has been down at awkward times so I have been getting to places late at night and getting on planes in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know why I book flights so early in the morning, other than the price tends to be right to fly at horrible times!

Now on to what I am doing at the moment. I am in Indianapolis as I mentioned earlier. I got into town on Saturday afternoon and went straight to the Team PBIR race shop up in Brownsburg. The shop is in a really neat industrial park with units from Kenny Bernstein Racing, John Force Racing, Pedregon Racing, Tony Schumacher's shop, BEAST, as well as a lot of junior formula teams. Then Sunday I went back to the shop in the early afternoon and trimmed the excess foam from the seat. Making a seat in the race car is quite a process and when I have time, I plan on blogging a rough how- to guide! Then I went and had a really pleasant evening with a friend of my dad's. He is an engineer for an Indy Car team here in town and he has a beautiful farm house just out in the woods. He also has two awesome Springer Spaniels- Katie and Jake. They are both very accomplished hunting dogs and are so much fun to have around. Their personalities are so easy to see!

Now I am heading out to lunch with another friend here in town before heading down to the Speedway. I am so excited about driving there tomorrow. I put it best in this article about Indy being 'hallowed ground.' It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Here's a photo of me mid seat making:

No comments :

Post a Comment