Friday, October 16, 2009

2 Year D-Versary

Today, October 16th, is my 2 year anniversary of being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I was going to write a really nice, longer blog post about the diagnosis, the doors that diabetes have opened for me, the neat people I have met in the diabetes community and that while I would give it back if I could, I am enjoying the things it has allowed me to do. I had planned to write more than that until the Dodgers game was so good. Until I found the Angels game on TV and until a fierce low snuck behind me and threw my plan off. I do find it ironically apropos that a low would affect my plan on my D-versary. Meh.

At least I get to go to Wood Ranch for dinner tonight. I am so looking forward prime rib and the Oreo cookie dessert. I may have to take photos of the dessert. I love it that much. Glad I went swimming this afternoon. And that's probably where the low came from.

3 comments :

  1. Understand you have a great excel spreadsheet for recording your food-meds-etc. Would you be willing to share that as a template for others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do use a spreadsheet that my doctor has. Let me check with them and I would be happy to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I am happy to share the spreadsheet I use to log my sugars, carbs, insulin and exercise with the person who left the comment above. But I can't figure out a way to post it on here.....Email always works though.

    ReplyDelete