Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ready for the Glen

I am here in Watkins Glen and am soooo ready for this race weekend! I had a great weekend off last weekend which included a 2 hour mountain bike ride, some beach volleyball, time by the pool, card games, a Dodger game and I had time to go see Transformers. It was great to get some time to relax and recharge with all the traveling and racing I have been doing.

But now I am back at the race track and raring to go! I am really looking forward to this weekend because it is such a spectacular track set in some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen. I tested here a few weeks back and it went very well. Now I am ready to go race at the Glen.

To get ready for tomorrow, I took a golf cart around the track with my engineer and talked about the different corners and how the car handles. We also talked race strategy, qualifying strategy and made a plan for the practice sessions. After the car had been "tech'ed" (to check it's legality) I got suited up and checked the seat belts and pedal positions. Just as I was finishing up, my parents and sister arrived. We headed out of the track and drove up to the village of Watkins Glen for dinner. Watkins Glen sits at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. My race engineer, Dave, recommended the Glen Motor Inn for dinner as it looks out over the lake from a hillside. And I am so glad we took his advice! The food was very tasty, the view was staggering and it was so great to have my family around me. I love travelling and love what I do. Being able to enjoy that with my family makes it that much better! Here is a photo from dinner:


Here is my schedule for the Corning 100 at Watkins Glen International Speedway:
Friday July 3rd:
Practice: 10:30-11:15AM
Qualifying: 1:45- 2:30PM

Saturdady July 4th (Yay Independence Day- and fireworks!):
Practice: 9-9:30AM
Corning 100 Race: 1-2:30 PM (30 Laps/ 100 Miles)

TV Schedule: Monday July 6th on Versus TV at 11PM ET (8PM PT)

No comments :

Post a Comment