Wednesday, December 11, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things... racing edition!

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." Just kidding, I won't sing for you (which is a good thing, believe me). 'Tis the season for lists of favorites, so I put together some of my favorite memories and experiences from the past year and 2013 IndyCar season. Enjoy the slideshow, then tell me a few of YOUR favorite things from 2013!


Winning at Mid-Ohio
Words can't describe how great it was to get my first IndyCar win with the No. 83 team in August. So I'll let this video speak for itself.

Indy 500
There is nothing like the Indianapolis 500, the Month of May, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Always a highlight on the racing schedule!

Novo Nordisk and Race With Insulin
They've supported me since day one and have helped me realize many of my dreams. I've had the opportunity to do a lot of cool things on behalf of Novo Nordisk this year, like speaking in Madrid, attend the JDRF Children's Congress, take part in a major NYC media tour, and meet some really inspirational people.

Fans
Whether it's meeting them at the track or chatting via Twitter, I always enjoy the energy and support from IndyCar fans. I truly believe we have the best fans in the world!

The No. 83 team and my teammates
The Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing team really gelled this season, from the engineers, to pit crew members, to management. They really do make my job a lot easier, when I know I can go out there and just race. I'm humbled and lucky that I had the chance to work with and learn from Scott and Dario again. We'll definitely miss Dario in the seat of the No. 10 next year, but I look forward to working with TK too.

Getting away
I was able to get away from the racing scene a few times this year, and I really cherished the time to reflect and recharge with family and friends. Two of my favorites (yes, favorites within a favorites list): boating and the Grand Canyon!

Podium sweep at Pocono
Because who doesn't love a 1-2-3 CGR podium?! OK, I suppose the rest of the field didn't enjoy it as much as we did...

Leading the IndyCar field
The entire Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing team worked really hard throughout the 2012-2013 off-season and I think not only do our race finishes (10 top-10s!) demonstrate that effort, but also having the No. 83 up front at both road/street courses and on ovals shows we can consistently contend for the win.

Dodgers
As a lifelong Dodgers fan, having the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a game last April definitely checked off bucket list item for me. Still pinching myself!

Daytona
Kicking off 2013 with a win at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona was huge. Major thanks to the CGR team and teammates Scott, Juan, and Memos for guiding me through my first Daytona experience!

No comments :

Post a Comment