Friday, February 10, 2012

Here, there, and everywhere!


I’m in for a busy couple of weeks, but they’re filled with lots of time in the No. 83 car so I can’t complain!

On Monday and Tuesday, I’ll join IndyCar officials, team reps and of course my fellow drivers at the annual “State of INDYCAR” address. It will be great to see everyone after the off-season. I know we’re all ready to get back to business, and I’m looking forward to hearing plans for the 2012 season.

My bags are already packed for a two-week tour. I’ll head out west on Tuesday for a test at Fontana (always good to be back on the West Coast!) before going down south for testing at Barber on Monday. My birthday falls on one of the test days at Barber this year. But again, I’m not complaining—being in an IndyCar is probably one of the best ways to spend a birthday! After that, it’s down to Sebring for another two-day test session.

Right after we finish up at Sebring, I’m off to St. Louis for an event with JDRF. Then it’s back home to meet with my engineers. Once I’m finally back in Indy again, we’ll have about four weeks before the St. Pete race weekend. Can you believe it?! Hope to see you all there!

P.S. Yes, Mom, I’ve packed enough socks for the long trip.

2 comments :

  1. Charlie, comment on the engines or is everyone keeping to themselves? Will folks be ready? Google has articles on it, especially with new packages. How are the tests coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the comment. I'll have a post-test recap once I get back from STL in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

      Delete