Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Saving Time


Who else hates the fact that to get longer evenings you have to sacrifice an hour of sleep on a Sunday? It is always bitter sweet because I truly do enjoy it staying lighter later, but losing that sleep is just so hard to take! And I realize that is only one hour, but I really like my sleep. So to make myself feel better about losing that sleep, I am going to go through a few of the things I am looking forward to doing in the longer evenings.
Mountain biking- I am glad that I will be able to do a full day’s work at the desk and still get to go mountain biking in Sycamore Canyon for an hour so before it’s dark.
Cycling- Same as going mountain biking, and I can avoid the evening rush hour on the roads which makes cycling a little bit more difficult.
BBQ’ing- One of my all time favorite things to do is barbeque. The sun staying out to play longer means I have a better chance of cooking the food on the barbeque better (as I can see what I’m doing!).
Warmer weather- Daylight-Saving time is always the first sign that the year is beginning to pick up its momentum towards summer, warm weather and good times for all!
Better mornings- The shift in sun position by an hour makes it a little easier to get up in the morning. I feel more like I am ‘rising with sun’ rather than the sun being high in the sky making me feel lazy!
Save electricity- With the sun being up longer, I don’t turn on the lights until later in the evening- ergo saving energy.
I love Daylight-Saving time even if I do hate losing an hour’s sleep!

No comments :

Post a Comment