Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pre- Firestone Indy Lights Rookie Test

Just a short note before the 2009 pre-season officially kicks off! I flew down to Miami, Florida very early this morning and had a nice drive in the rental car down to Homestead-Miami Speedway. The Speedway hosts the first official tests for both the Firestone Indy Lights and the Indy Racing League over the next three days. I will be driving in Sam Schmidt Motorsports’ number 20 car tomorrow to pass my rookie license test. The league mandates that any driver who hasn’t raced on ovals before and intends to compete in the Lights championship must come and drive tomorrow so that they can certify safety. I am really looking forward to the day for two main reasons. The first is that I love any chance to drive the racecar, anywhere in the world, on any track, in any weather. Period! The second is that there should be around 10-12 cars and I will get a chance to run in some traffic and learn how the car reacts when I am in the turbulent air caused by the aerodynamics at 190 miles per hour. I put my DexCom Seven continuous glucose monitor sensor in yesterday and it has started up and calibrated beautifully. I am getting glucose readings and already feel like I have better control of my diabetes. The information my DexCom gives me, especially when I am in the race car, is invaluable! I will give you an update after my day in the car!

No comments :

Post a Comment